Creator III
Creator III

Filter option only on two fields inside the table qliksense

Hello All,

I am not sure if the below query is possible to execute , please help:-

I want to show a table having dimensions in front end:-

Product CodeDatePhaseBUCountryPlant
AAAA102.20231BUWAFranceBrazil

My requirement is to create the above table in front end and it should only let the users to filter the data on column 1 and column 3.

That means,  Product Code & Phase - User should only be able to apply filter on these two fields and for the remaining fields should populate the data as per the selections in qliksense.

Can anyone please help me urgently on this ?

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, selections are made in dimensions so you can add column 1 and 3 as dimension and the other as measures.

This wouldn't work if in examble one product code & Phase are avaible in more than one country, if you want to show the different countries you will need to show as dimension and they will be selectables.

You can avoid this in different ways

Option 1

Add a field in script to store a differnt value for each row, like: RowNo() as RowNumber, and use this value ni a dual field:

Dual([Product Code], RowNumber), this way each value of Product Code will have different rows but selections would also work row by row in the table, but you can have an external selector to select values.

Option 2

Add a new column to the able with this RowNumber.

Option 3

Create your own object, this way you control wich columns are selctables and which not, I can't help you with this.

Aspiring_Developer
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @rubenmarin 

The fields in the above table are dimensions . What should i do ?

rubenmarin

Hi, Convert the ones you don't want to select to measures or use option 1, option2 or option3.