cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter with measures like values. Select a measure

Hello.

I would like create a filter where I could choose between several measures, with the end to show in a pivot table or chart only a measure or other.

In this moment, I have this:

medidas.PNG

In this table, to different of a dimensions, the measures (Medidas) can not be selected. So always "Pasajeros" and "Pasajeros-km" are showed.

I can't want unpivot the table. So that isn't a option.

Is posible create a table with the measures and link with actual table?

Can someone help me?

Thanks and regards.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, you can add an extra table in your script with the expressions:

Measures:

LOAD * INLINE [

Label, Expression

Sum of Sales, sum(Sales)

Average Sales, avg(Sales)

];

After reloading you can add a filter pane in your app for the Label field. And change the measure in your pivot table with =$(=Only(Expression)) as expression and =Only(Label) as the label

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello.

Thanks by your answer. But It don't work like I hope. Now when I choose one option, this is duplicate (obvious), and when I choose 2 or more, nothing.

The label isn't changed.

medidas_1.PNG

And

medidas_2.PNG

Is posible have the both columns (or any), and one of them hide/show when I choose a mesaure? Like when you select a opcion in a filter by dimension.

Thank you and regards.

MHarrell
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Gysbert,

This was very helpful for something I'm working on.  Is there any way to set this up to where a user could select multiple labels and it would sum all of them rather than it only working when one is selected?  My example would be that a user would be looking to combine certain types of cost like pharmacy cost, non pharmacy supply cost,  salaries etc.?

Thanks for your help!

Matt