Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClareChinonye
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtering in Dimension

i wrote this set expression in my dimension to filter out the following substatus names from my chart, but i keep getting invalid dimension

={<SubStatusName -= {'Booked On', 'End of Day, Run Complete', 'Shift Change', 'Startup Checks'}>},

and this 

=Sum({<SubStatusName -= {'Booked On', 'End of Day', 'Run Complete', 'Shift Change', 'Startup Checks'}>} TimeInMinutes)

for the measure. the measure works for other charts, but the dimension says invalid 

please what could i be doing wrong in the dimension?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Parthiban
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Try this in your dimension,

if(SubStatusName<>'Booked On' and SubStatusName<>'End of Day' and SubStatusName<>'Run Complete' and SubStatusName<>'Shift Change' and SubStatusName<>'Startup Checks',SubStatusName)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Parthiban
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Try this in your dimension,

if(SubStatusName<>'Booked On' and SubStatusName<>'End of Day' and SubStatusName<>'Run Complete' and SubStatusName<>'Shift Change' and SubStatusName<>'Startup Checks',SubStatusName)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@ClareChinonye For dimension you can do like this

=Aggr(Sum(If(Not Wildmatch(SubStatusName, 'Booked On', 'End of Day', 'Run Complete', 'Shift Change', 'Startup Checks'), TimeInMinutes), SubStatusName)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ClareChinonye
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This worked, thanks!