Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Filtering the multi-year visualization to only the last year

Hello, 

In other apps I created the syntax similar to below worked to filter the visualization to only the last year number when multi-year data model is used.  However, for some reason, the syntax below is not filtering to the max of the year.  Could anyone point out what is wrong with the syntax below?  I scribbled the identifiable information below. 

Newbie777_0-1677397618247.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, I think that should work, note that it will return the max year of the possible years in global, not limited the the dimensions of the char so if have customer with sales on 2022 and 2023, that expression will show the data of 2023 for both customers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I think that should work, note that it will return the max year of the possible years in global, not limited the the dimensions of the char so if have customer with sales on 2022 and 2023, that expression will show the data of 2023 for both customers.

Newbie777
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Rubenmarin, 

The measure expression above is not throwing any error messages, but it doesn't produce the expected result of only 2023 numbers.  In other app I created, it worked, so I am puzzled as to why it is not working this time.  

Thank you & best regards,

rubenmarin

I don't see anything wrong in that expression, I will need to see how it works in a sample app to check what can happen.

You can a simple app with some dummy data that demonstrates the issue and upload the qvf so we can check it.

Before that you can try to create a new table adding year as dimension and removing from set analysis so you can recheck the values returned in case it gives you a hint of what's happening.