Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayne-a
Creator
Creator

Finding "first" values for line chart with cumulative percentage

Hi, I have a set of data like below.  These are tasks that happen during a specific week and take a number of days to complete.  I'm trying to build a line chart that would have 3 lines and show by week how many days it took for the tasks to be 50% complete, 80% complete and finally 100% complete.  I can get the accumulated percentages for each day value by week in a pivot table but I can't come up with a way to take the first number of days value for a particular percentage and chart it.  For example in the data below, I know for the week of 7/30 that after 1 day the tasks were 33.33% complete, after 2 days 66.66% complete, after 4 days 83.33% complete and after 5 days 100% complete.  I'd like to chart for that week that it took 2 days to get to (or above) 50% complete, 4 days to 80%, and 5 days to 100%.  The three percentage buckets would  be separate lines with the y values as the number of days, and the x values as the week starting.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

ExampleData.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

50% Complete

=Min(Aggr(If(RowNo() >= Round(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Week Starting]> [Task ID]) *0.50), [Days to Complete]), [Week Starting], [Task ID]))

80% Complete

=Min(Aggr(If(RowNo() >= Round(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Week Starting]> [Task ID]) *0.80), [Days to Complete]), [Week Starting], [Task ID]))

100% Complete

=Min(Aggr(If(RowNo() >= Round(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Week Starting]> [Task ID])), [Days to Complete]), [Week Starting], [Task ID]))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Wayne Antinore wrote:

For example in the data below, I know for the week of 7/30 that after 1 day the tasks were 33.33% complete, after 2 days 66.66% complete, after 4 days 83.33% complete and after 5 days 100% complete.

How do you know this? Is this for a specific Task ID or all Task IDs?

wayne-a
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny, thanks for the reply.  This is for all Task ID in the same week.  For the week of 7/30/2017 there were 6 tasks, 2 of them took 1 day to complete so that would be 33.33%

sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

50% Complete

=Min(Aggr(If(RowNo() >= Round(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Week Starting]> [Task ID]) *0.50), [Days to Complete]), [Week Starting], [Task ID]))

80% Complete

=Min(Aggr(If(RowNo() >= Round(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Week Starting]> [Task ID]) *0.80), [Days to Complete]), [Week Starting], [Task ID]))

100% Complete

=Min(Aggr(If(RowNo() >= Round(Count(DISTINCT TOTAL <[Week Starting]> [Task ID])), [Days to Complete]), [Week Starting], [Task ID]))

wayne-a
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

That's it!  Thank you very much.  I had to work out the sorting so it worked correctly with the AGGR function.  Thanks again! 

Wayne