Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_INEOS
Contributor III
Contributor III

Flip Straight Table

Is there an extension available which allows me to flip a straight table? Such that the Measures are all listed on the left and values on the right? A use case for this would be a balance sheet for example (this example was just found online).

Andrew_INEOS_0-1708073375906.png

This was available in Qlikview under the presentation tab, clicking "Horizontal".

Andrew_INEOS_0-1708074082323.png

I know this can be done using a pivot table but I do NOT consider this an acceptable solution for 2 reasons;

1. Pivot Tables automatically put those search fields in the top left corner of your chart and there's no way to turn them off. This takes up real estate on the page, distracts users, and generally serves no purpose if our aim is to replicate a straight table.

2. Pivot Tables cannot use tooltips which I find to be extremely helpful for storing definitions of each of the measures.

Flipping a straight table ought to be a really standard easy feature and has evidently been asked for hundreds of times. Ideally I'd like Qlik to build this in, but for now I'm happy with an extension that achieves the right result. Does anyone know of any?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Hello in the Qliksense visualisation bundle you can use the P&L pivot table 

Andrew_INEOS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks JHuis, that looks excellent.

I've read through the information for both the Dashboard Bundle and the Visualisation bundle, but can't find anywhere to download them. When I go to the Qlik Download site, the only extensions listed there are the GeoAnalytics Extension.

Product Downloads | Qlik Community

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

But i think you get this by default:

JHuis_0-1708093224941.png

Andrew_INEOS
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks JHuis. This is good but it still poses some problems.

The biggest issue is that we still can't use tooltip / text as popup

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Andrew,

i am using Vizlib finance, there it is possible to use tooltips.