Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaustubh
Creator
Creator

Generating Calendar for seeing matching dates

I wish to generate a calendar based on two columns in my DB . "date _entered" and "appt_date". I have to generate it in the manner where "appointment date" and "date entered" are comparable and a boolean is generated when they are same.

Can someone please suggest something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try with a measure like below
if (Only([Appt Date])=Only([Date Entered]), 1,0)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

not sure what you mean by

"generate it in the manner where "appointment date" and "date entered" are same."

Generally when there are 2 dates involved i would recommend a canonical date. check below link

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Canonical-Date/ba-p/1463578

kaustubh
Creator
Creator
Author

have generated two columns based on canonical date. I have taken them as a table in Chart.

Example:s

Appt Date          Date Entered

2016-01-04       2016-01-04

2016-01-05      2016-01-02

2016-01-02      2016-01-02

No I need a third column or boolean and then add all the '1s'

The 1s will be generated when the value of dates in both "Appt Date" and "Date Entered" match.

Ex the 1st and 3rd entry in above table example has the same dates. i need a 1 to be generated against it.

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

try with a measure like below
if (Only([Appt Date])=Only([Date Entered]), 1,0)
kaustubh
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes Thank you for prompt response. I did try it and I got table like this on my dashboard.

Sample_sameDates.PNG

Now I wish to sum the 1s to see total of these same date records. I have never worked with tables on the dashboard of Qlik. So I do not know how can I select the Boolean column of this tables

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

In the measure . go to totals function and make it Sum

Capture.jpg

kaustubh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much Mahn. I just feel embarassed on how foolish my questions were. Sorry to bother you but I am new to this software.

Please take care. Thanks once again !!