Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Geoanalytis/Map visualization not displaying correct country

Hello, my data set includes country_codes and state_codes. Some state_codes will be labeled as 'N/A' since not all countries have states.

That is beyond my problem right now. At first, I wrote out the country name, expecting Qlik to be able to read those in and properly place and display them on their map visualization. Instead, I am seeing Greenland being displayed in the US and a few other countries that are real wacky. I then transformed my data so that country_codes values are just the codes of the country.

E.g United States = US, Greenland = GL, etc. This placed Greendland in the right place but now I have other data points that are nowhere near Africa being displayed in Africa. I'm not sure what else I can do to correctly display these data points based on country codes and countries spelled out fully. 

Is there a best practice method for handling geospatial data? I'm not sure what else I can transform in my country column in order to properly display their data points. 

Any ideas?

Labels (4)
1 Reply
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

There was an error in my data so I updated the country codes to reflect the most recent ISO2 country codes established. 

http://www.vas.com/Tnotes/Country%20Codes.htm