Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uri
Creator
Creator

GetSelectedCount to display a message

Hi,

I have a UniqueKey field and I want to use ShowCondition to display a message.

If my UniqueKey has more than 10 000 records (rows) selected then display a message. UniqueKey of course wont be visible. User will make selections on another fields. I tried with GetSelectedCount but it returns only "Click-Selections".

I want to do like this If GetSelectedCount(UniqueKey ) > 10 000 THEN display a message.

BR,

Artur

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could use getPossibleCount ()  to solve this issue. GetPossibleCount will return the number of white (and green) values of that field.

GetPossibleCount([UniqueKey] ) > 10000

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

@Uri you can also try this with Count(DISTINCT UniqueKey) > 10000

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What object you are using? If that is normal, There is an option to do with Addon's of condition based..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could use getPossibleCount ()  to solve this issue. GetPossibleCount will return the number of white (and green) values of that field.

GetPossibleCount([UniqueKey] ) > 10000

Uri
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi guys! Thanks for your reply. I'm using Vizlib Advanced Text Object. If i put GetPossibleCount([UniqueKey] ) > 10000 then table is always "ON". It doesn't disappear 

sunny_talwar

@Uri you can also try this with Count(DISTINCT UniqueKey) > 10000

Uri
Creator
Creator
Author

Both GetPossibleCount and Count(DISTINCT UniqueKey) > 10000 works as expected but message is always "ON" until you select less than 10000 records/rows.

sunny_talwar

@Uri What do you want it to do?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Uri
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

i want it to be (text message) hidden until you reach 10000 rows selected. If UniqueKey has more than 10000 rows selected display a message “It can take time to “prepare” a file so that you can download it” or “reduce number of months”. I just want to inform the user. Else I want text message to be hidden.
Uri
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi guys,

I fixed this by applying @sunny_talwar or/and @Vegar logic. Thanks all of you guys!