Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomHollandKB
Contributor II
Contributor II

Grouping columns in pivot table, where measures contain expressions (Qlik Sense)

I have created a pivot table which contains account details as dimensions and "Actuals", "Forecast" and "Variance" as measures.

The measures are all calculated within expression.

I need to create 3 groups of columns, 2 of them (Current month and YTD) containing the measures listed above, and another group containing "Runrate", "Budget" and "Variance (Budget/Forecast)".

I've seen workarounds using inline tables etc, however I'm struggling to apply this to my app.

Example of desired result below, any suggestions are welcome!

Current Month YTD Full Year
SCOA SCOA Description Old GL  OldGL Description P&L Classification IFRS Group Account Actual FC09 Variance YTD Actual YTD Budget Variance to Budget Runrate FC09 Full Year Budget Variance FC09 Vs Budget

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dolphin
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Spiderman,

please check this post. I think this is what you need. except, that you will add them as columns, not rows:

Group Kpis by theme - Qlik Community - 1933287

Kind Regards,

Johannes

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Dolphin

Hi Spiderman,

please check this post. I think this is what you need. except, that you will add them as columns, not rows:

Group Kpis by theme - Qlik Community - 1933287

Kind Regards,

Johannes

TomHollandKB
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your response!

I've successfully created the grouped columns on the pivot table which is good progress.

However, i'm now struggling with the measure expression, please see example below:

=pick([Groups2.Measureno]
, =sum(if([Period reporting on] = date(today(),'M') -1,Amount)) - (sum(if([Period reporting on] = date(today(),'M') -1,Amount))*2)
, =sum(if(FCPeriod = date(today(),'M'),[FC09-4.Forecast]))
, =sum(if([Period reporting on] = date(today(),'M') -1,Amount)) - (sum(if([Period reporting on] = date(today(),'M') -1,Amount))*2) - sum(if(FCPeriod = date(today(),'M'),[FC09-4.Forecast]))
)

Error message i'm getting is saying i'm missing a bracket, but have been trawling through the expression and can't find an error, would you mind taking a look?

Error in expression : ')' expected

Thanks again for your help!

TomHollandKB
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Have spotted the error, I needed to remove the '=' from the expressions.

Just working on the rest of the expressions will mark as solved once complete

Thanks again!