Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Join us for a live Q&A! September 21, 10 AM ET - Onboarding Fast in Qlik Sense SaaS! REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie7
Partner
Partner

Headcount measure

Hello,

I am new to Qlik Sense.  I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know how to write a dynamic headcount measure in Qlik Sense.  I was able to do it using the employee database with the information of hiring date and leaving date and was able to obtain the headcount at any point in time with the disconnected table using Power BI; and I tried to recreate the same headcount measure in Qlik Sense, but I have been unsuccessful so far.  I'd appreciate it if anyone could share with me a standard headcount measure which is able to produce dynamic calculation at any point in time from the calendar table.  (I am not interested in inflexible one where I have to indicate in the loaded data if the person is employed at one point in time which I sometimes see in an headcount dashboard example, as this will not be able to generate dynamic result based on the selected point in time).  Thanks a lot for your help.  

3 Replies
Newbie7
Partner
Partner
Author

Hello,

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone can let me know how to calculate headcount in Qlik Sense using employee table of hiring dates and leaving dates.  

Thanks a lot. 

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Here is a link to something that may be useful. It is an old post and for QlikView, but the concepts also apply to Qlik Sense.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Slowly-Changing-Dimensions/ba-p/1464187 

Newbie7
Partner
Partner
Author

Thanks Lisa_P,

This post is interesting as I encounter the same problem in real life all the time with sales rep's customers they are in charge of slowly changing and having to deal with dimension table with time dimension component to it However, for the headcount measure, which I am using the employee table as a transaction table, instead of dimension table, this technique does not seem to apply.  But thanks for the idea.