Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dklassen
Contributor
Contributor

Help needed with ValueLoop example

Hi, I'm a Set Analysis rookie stuck on an example from the transportation industry.

Given a number of trips that have fields TRIP_ID, TRIP_START and TRIP_END where those are times but represented as an integer number of seconds, I'd like to create a chart that shows time as the dimension and the number of trips on the road as the measure.  I feel like the following expressions should do the trick but isn't working:

Dimension:  ValueLoop(0,86400)   // 86400 is the number of seconds in a day

Measure:

Sum(Aggr(if(TRIP_START <= ValueLoop(0,86400) and TRIP_END >= ValueLoop(0,86400), 1, 0), [TRIP_ID]))

From my research, it seems like Aggr and ValueLoop don't work well together, but I haven't been able to find an alternative.

Thanks for any advice.

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I suggest to use an IntervalMatch to match your start/end to a master-calendar and master-timetable How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values‌. This meant to build a more suitable datamodel where your TRIP_ID is connected to them and to the rest of your datamodel. After this a count(TRIP_ID) should be enough to get your wanted results.

- Marcus