Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgenpet
Contributor III
Contributor III

How can two or more developers work on the same app?

Hi,

We are several developers who wants to collaborate on apps i Qlik Sense. When I create an app, the other developers are not allowed to duplicate the app where I am the owner. 

Is it a property og setting somewhere or a better way to do this?

Best regards,

Jørgen Pettersen

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Your co developer cannot access the app in your work stream, what you can do is if you have developed an app in your work stream and you want your co developer to continue work on the app, then you can duplicate the app and make him owner of the duplicate app or you can publish the app to a common stream where both you and co developer have access to. So once your co developer finishes his changes you can duplicate it and use that as the latest version.

Coordination is the key here 🙂 

Best Regards,
KC

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can't work same time in one way, Example if one developer want to work on script and another developer can work in design. In case, If you want to allow such there is no way to work like that. But you can playaround using Github to work both. 

Also, You can give the link of that if co developer able to access that they can work as workaround but some intermittent issues will be there if we go in this way like data sync around round robin rule of Sync to each node.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jorgenpet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks 🙂

We don't need to work on the same apps at the same time. How can I give the link to my co-developer?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Your co developer cannot access the app in your work stream, what you can do is if you have developed an app in your work stream and you want your co developer to continue work on the app, then you can duplicate the app and make him owner of the duplicate app or you can publish the app to a common stream where both you and co developer have access to. So once your co developer finishes his changes you can duplicate it and use that as the latest version.

Coordination is the key here 🙂 

Best Regards,
KC
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Create Custom property and assign it to the application also create one additional rule to allow users to create some charts in published stream, And then they can work on need bases. 

Note: They are not able to work on same visualization If they want

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jorgenpet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, we'll try this solution since we are two developers at the moment and it's easy to coordinate work. 

Best regards,

Jørgen Pettersen

PlatformManager-Expert
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Jørgen,

If working with multiple Developers on the same app is a requirement, try PlatformManager. Besides integrated version control and deployment capabilities, multi development is one of the USP's we deliver for Qlik Sense.

https://www.platformmanager.com/news/are-you-ready-to-use-multi-development/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aLrZ1QUe6E

Best regards,

Jeroen

Bithi_Biswas
Contributor
Contributor

Do we need to change the ownership of the app before duplicating it?