Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II

How do I concatenate a quarter and year column and convert into date?

I'm trying to concatenate a row containing the quarter (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) and year (1990,1991,...) and turn it into a date.  I tried using the following code:

Date(Makedate("Year"), 'YYYY') as YEAR,

Date(Makedate("Year",right(Qrt,2)), 'QQYYYY') as QuarterYEAR,

It's not working as intended.  What am I doing wrong?

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

"Year" as YEAR,

Date(MakeDate("Year", (Right(Qrt, 1) * 3)), 'MMYYYY') as MonthYEAR,

jleefjcapital
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It worked!  It is possible to get the add a "/"?   Currently, format is '032013'. 

sunny_talwar

May be this

"Year" as YEAR,

Date(MakeDate("Year", (Right(Qrt, 1) * 3)), 'MM/YYYY') as MonthYEAR,

nitesh2730
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @sunny_talwar ,

i also have a same type of query, i have used the above expression which works well, however when I use this for MAT calculation it's changing the date format below is ex.

=Sum({<Year_Quarter={>=$(=(Max(Year_Quarter)-4))<=$(=(Max(Year_Quarter)))}>} [Market Units] )

nitesh2730_0-1614074707897.png

MayilVahanan

Hi @nitesh2730 

Try like below

=Sum({<Year_Quarter={">=$(=Date(Max(Year_Quarter)-4),'MM/YYYY')<=$(=Date(Max(Year_Quarter),'MM/YYYY'))"}>} [Market Units] )

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
nitesh2730
Contributor II
Contributor II

nitesh2730_0-1614075627138.png

not working, picking up only latest month

MayilVahanan

Hi @nitesh2730 

Sorry, wrongly placed the closing bracket.

=Sum({<Year_Quarter={">=$(=Date(Max(Year_Quarter)-4,'MM/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(Max(Year_Quarter),'MM/YYYY'))"}>} [Market Units] )

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
nitesh2730
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sorry to trouble your again, still there is some problem, am using -4 its picking up 08 month only, i tried to change it -1,-2,-3 but its showing 08 month

nitesh2730_0-1614076166241.png