How do I remove ability to download from single app in Sense

I need to turn off the data download function for a single app is this possible

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Greetings,

I believe you can do it by creating a  new security rule just by that App, or by using custom properties, to a class of apps that you might want to restrict this access, e.g., create a property called ALLOW_EXPORT_DATA that can only be applied to Apps and Users (in case you also want to restrict this by user) and set its possible values to TRUE or FALSE. 

You would have to modify the generic access rule used for all other apps, so that it would only work for apps that do not have the specific custom property that you created for this purpose set to FALSE.  Finally, you also need to create a copy of that security rule, make sure the Export Data action is not selected and modify the rule so that it would only work for apps that have the ALLOW_EXPORT_DATA property set to FALSE (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November221/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Dep...)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

++José

View solution in original post

2 Replies
diagonjope
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Greetings,

I believe you can do it by creating a  new security rule just by that App, or by using custom properties, to a class of apps that you might want to restrict this access, e.g., create a property called ALLOW_EXPORT_DATA that can only be applied to Apps and Users (in case you also want to restrict this by user) and set its possible values to TRUE or FALSE. 

You would have to modify the generic access rule used for all other apps, so that it would only work for apps that do not have the specific custom property that you created for this purpose set to FALSE.  Finally, you also need to create a copy of that security rule, make sure the Export Data action is not selected and modify the rule so that it would only work for apps that have the ALLOW_EXPORT_DATA property set to FALSE (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November221/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_Dep...)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

++José

traceycurran
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks so much for the fast response, we're giving it a go now so I'll mark as solved if it works 🙂