Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlopedebarrios
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to add IP Address to Operations Monitor app?

The Operations Monitor 7.16 is great to analyze QS usage, but I would like to add the IP address from where the users are logged in for certain activities, such as Exporting overview. I'm struggling trying to add this field, because the data loading is very complex.

I'm just getting started with Qlik Sense, any tips on how can I achieve that?. I know the IP address is in the Proxy Trace Audit Log.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nlopedebarrios
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Added this line into defineFields section and voilá, except now I have a synthetic key:

LET fieldsProxyAudit = 'Timestamp, ActiveUserId, IpAddress, AppId';

Data loads fine, except the IPAddress field is mostly empty.

Further recommendations appreciated!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

At the moment, there is no way to find the IP address what i recall according to Qlik GDPR rules. 

Anyway, make sure from your QMC this is enabled towards Virtual proxy?

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1703877023375.png

Anyway, this is storing in logs (How much accurate is this, I never tried). from there see if you can grab those logs to your tools.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
nlopedebarrios
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, and Happy New Year.

According to the documentation, IPAddress can be found in the Qlik Sense Proxy Service (QPS): Service https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Looking at the server, the file I needed to load is located in \ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Proxy\Trace, named xyz_audit_proxy.txt (wich is actually in the folder)

I've added this line at the end of the logList:

Proxy, Trace, Audit, Timestamp, fieldsProxyAudit

following the pattern found for other files. 

So far I see this as progress, but I'm getting this error:

Unexpected token: ',', expected one of: '(', '*', 'IDENTIFIER', 'LITERAL_FIELD', 'Yellow',
'ZTestw_z', 'OPERATOR_PLUS', ...

Error line:

CONCATENATE (working) Load Round(TimeStamp(ConvertToLocalTime(Round("Timestamp",1/86400)))
,1/1440) &'|' & Round(ConvertToLocalTime(Timestamp),1/1440) AS _date_time_link,
TimeStamp(ConvertToLocalTime(Round("Timestamp",1/86400))) AS LogEntryPeriodStart,
timestamp(ConvertToLocalTime(Round(Timestamp,1/86400))) AS LogTimeStamp,
Message, >>>>>>,<<<<<< Id as Id_temp
// Unique Identifier for Log entry to be used in the WHERE NOT EXISTS ()
clause to avoid loading duplicate log entries
FROM 'lib://ServerLogFolder/Proxy/Trace/TABLEROS_Audit_Proxy.txt'
(txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq) WHERE isnum(Sequence#)

nlopedebarrios
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Added this line into defineFields section and voilá, except now I have a synthetic key:

LET fieldsProxyAudit = 'Timestamp, ActiveUserId, IpAddress, AppId';

Data loads fine, except the IPAddress field is mostly empty.

Further recommendations appreciated!