Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add column into table which will be calculated disregarding one of two dimensions?

Hi everyone!)
... am relatively new to Qlik Sense but already got tricky task.
Need to add measure column to table which already has two dimensional columns.

Warehouse Code | Product Code | MyMeasureColumn

Tricky part - MyMeasureColumn should be calculated depending on Product Code but also based on data of all warehouses (at which this product is available) not just one warehouse in table row.

If it's possible, how to avoid forced data slicing imposed by one dimensional column of QLik Sense table ?
Exactly table column slicing not selection.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Dima,

You can use the TOTAL qualifier:

Sum(TOTAL <[Product Code]> Value)

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

6 Replies
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Dima,

You can use the TOTAL qualifier:

Sum(TOTAL <[Product Code]> Value)

Regards,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, David!

Yes it's right answer to avoid dependence on warehouse selection but unfortunatelly not table column slicing.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Dima

You are not quite correct. TOTAL is used to override the columns in a table. Set analysis is used to override selections

Sum(TOTAL Value)                                 -- totals all values ignoring all dimensions

Sum(TOTAL <[Product Code]> Value)      -- totals all values by Product Code (ignoring other dimensions)

Sum({<[Product Code]=>} Value)             -- sum values while ignoring user selection of a product code

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
daveamz
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what you are trying to achieve. Can you provide an example with some dummy data?

Do you want also to ignore when a selection is applied on 'Warehouse Code field'?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, David, indeed I was wrong in my comment and thank you for your answer!
found my logic mistake. Formula I try to succeed with is very cumbersome but I was interested in that particular aspect. Trying to "eat elephant piece by piece".
Once again thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great explanation, Jonathan!
Now I see that clearly.
Thank you!