Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSDD
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to calculate relative values in stacked bar chart? (by expression)

Dear community,

i am struggling with set analysis syntax. I want to calculate relative values of Order-Number in a weekly bar chart.

Lets say WEEK is my field for week-date and GROUP1 my field for categorical values.

Pleas help me to find the syntax for the order-counts per week, while WEEK and GROUP1 are dimensions?

I thought COUNT(ORDER_NO)/COUNT(TOTAL <WEEK> ORDER_NO)*100 would do, but obviously not.

WEEK is saved in a variable v_time and may by user selection exchanged with MONTH. The same for GRPOUP1. There are several selectable grouping fields in a second variable v_group.

Labels (4)
2 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI @DSDD 

Try like above

COUNT(ORDER_NO)/COUNT(TOTAL <$(v_time)> ORDER_NO)*100

Hope, v_time is exactly same like ur dimension (Field) name.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
DSDD
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi ,

i tried it like you mentioned, before and it works in the case of a barplot where i select as bar dimension my field GROUP1.

But:

If the two categorical fields GROUP1 and GROUP2 are within a variable v_parameter, which is contained as $(v_parameter) as bar  grouping dimension, then COUNT(ORDER_NO)/COUNT(TOTAL <$(v_time)> ORDER_NO)*100 does not work anymore. Both groupings are ignored and  COUNT(TOTAL <$(v_time)> ORDER_NO) counts all exising orders without any grouping.

Why? And how does the syntax have to be changed?

Thank you very much for your help