Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcasciaro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to change Nprinting connection dynamically

Hi everyone,

we have a dashboard that uses Nprinting and on-demand reporting to allow users to export entire dashboard in excel. In test environment in the field Server Connection (section "Nprinting connection" of dashboard bundle on-demand reporting) we use nprinting server of test environment. 

Now, when we deploy the app in production environment we need to manually change the server connection field in order to point to nprinting server of production. Is there a way to dynamically change the nprinting connection depending on the target environment (test or production) avoiding to manually change connection settings for every deploy?

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Spoiler
Hi  ,

Do you have  same Nprinting server for Test and prod server ?
mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

Hi 

Do you have same Nprinting server for both test and prod qliksense.

mcasciaro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi,

no..I have two different Nprinting server for test and prod.

mahaveerbiraj
Creator II
Creator II

hello,

initially you need to create connection in prod, after that no need to change manually, After modification in test, copy app from test to prod  and just replace with old existing app in QMC , Thats it 

KennyJ97
Contributor
Contributor

You can redirect Google.com to YouTube.com by editing the host file on Windows machines. I'm curious if redirecting the IP from the test server to the production server would achieve the same result. Be careful that you don't affect anything else, it's easily reversible.

https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/
mcasciaro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi KennyJ97,

I've already tried to modify host file using an alias (e.g. nprinting_server). But, when I use the alias in Nprinting connection settings, qlik sense don't give me the opportunity to choose Nprinting app and template under "Report Configuration" settings. In this way  when I publish the app in production environment the export button doesn't work.

Marco

mcasciaro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thansk Maha,

I try and let you know.

Marco