cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose1
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to compute 12 months value ?

Hello , I want to compute the values of 12 months when choosing one month without displaying the 11 previous month .

For example : If I choose Aug 2019 I want to get the sum of values between Aug 2018 and Aug 2019 but without seeing the value of each month 

Here is my expression :

count({<MonthYear ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -12), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(MonthYear), 'MMM-YY'))"}>}distinct VProducts).
Any Help would be appreciated .

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is VProducts?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Rose1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The name of one of my rows in my table 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I can understand that it is the field name, If so try this way

count({<MonthYear ={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -12), 'MMM-YY'))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear), 'MMM-YY'))"}>} distinct VProducts)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Rose1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your help , but I ve done it before it's not giving me what I want . 

It displays the 12 months with the value of each month what I want is the sum of the 12 months values  in one column.  

For example if I choose  oct-20 my  result in the pivot table would be the sum of sep 2019 value till oct 2020 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where are you trying this, Is this KPI or some chart? If chart what is the dimension?

Rose1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Pivot table ,  my dimendion is MonthYear

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If that is the case, You won't get only single row. But, If i misunderstand the requirement you can explain more the expected result at least image?

Rose1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello again ,  

Actually I used A different formula and get the result I was expecting to get but I only have on small issue I don't want those months with null values to be displayed , I tried to uncheck include the null value in my dimension MonthYear but it didn't worked  

THIS IS MY EXPRESSION 

Rangesum(before(Total count({<MonthYear>}distinct CLAIM_NUMBER),0,12)) * Avg(1)12.PNG

thank you 

Rose1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Does anyone by chance solved the same problem I am having?