Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LW_18
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to create cumulative totals in Vizlib line chart in Qlik Sense

Is it possible to create and display cumulative totals in a Vizlib line chart in Qlik Sense?  I know this is possbile (and fairly simple to do) using a QS line chart, however I cannot find any options to do the same with a Vizlib line chart? 

If not,  I'm simply trying to display a cumulative total over each month for multiple financial years if anyone has an expression that could help with this?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LW_18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Alan, I contacted Vizlib support as suggested and they clarified how to do this

ANSWER

To do this in the vizlib line chart you must ensure you have at least 2+ measures.  You then get a dropdown to accumulate values.

***FYI  if you have multiple dimensions you will only get the option to add 'alternative' meausures, to rectify you need to have only one dimension and you will then get the option to 'add' further measures***

In my example I was using two dimensions, a financial year and month dimension.  To rectify I created a measure for each year and removed the financial year dimension.  Only then did I get the option to add additional measures, otherwise I was only given the option to add 'alternative' measures.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alan_Slaughter
Support
Support

Hi LW_79, I would suggest contacting Vizlib support, for your questions with Vizlib.
https://community.vizlib.com/support/home

LW_18
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Alan, I contacted Vizlib support as suggested and they clarified how to do this

ANSWER

To do this in the vizlib line chart you must ensure you have at least 2+ measures.  You then get a dropdown to accumulate values.

***FYI  if you have multiple dimensions you will only get the option to add 'alternative' meausures, to rectify you need to have only one dimension and you will then get the option to 'add' further measures***

In my example I was using two dimensions, a financial year and month dimension.  To rectify I created a measure for each year and removed the financial year dimension.  Only then did I get the option to add additional measures, otherwise I was only given the option to add 'alternative' measures.