Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to create time dimension to connect multiple tables

Hello,

I have a data model where Sales person is connected to multiple entities (Quotations, Contracts etc).

Main idea is to compare how each sales person is doing in relation to the sales team they are part of and how they are doing in comparison to their own history.

I'd like to create a chart that shows count of contracts, count of quotation etc per week. The issues is that I don't have a master calendar as I have connected the entities through users. I tried to create a dimension with ValueList that would "connect" YearWeek values (Q.YearWeek, C.YearWeek). Simply to show different measures in the same graph (e.g. count of quotations created and count of contracts created as lines and YearWeek as dimension).

Any tips or tricks that I could use? Couldn't find anything on my own.. My back up is to make the master calendar and use GetSelectedValues in the measures (select sales person and team). But that doesn't seem too tempting either..

Regards,

Pena

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I guess your reply was the correct answer but didn't realize it back then. Link table including date, person id and "Date-person" combination ID solved this case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Link table is good option for such requirements.

Link table will connect to a master calendar then

Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply. The issue is that I'd create circular reference. I was looking into Loosely coupled tables but can't find too much examples of that..

Any pointers?

Perus_Pena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I guess your reply was the correct answer but didn't realize it back then. Link table including date, person id and "Date-person" combination ID solved this case.