Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to define the months in a time-aware chart?

Hello!

I am relatively new to Qlik, I've only been using it for a couple of months, so I am far from an experienced user. I would appreciate any help you could give me.

I am building a trend line to display sales for my company, in the trendline I would like to build the following granularity for time: YEAR, MONTH and WEEK.

Ideally, I would like to take advantage of the continuous aspect of a time aware chart in Qlik Sense so that the user can 'zoom' in to the granularity desired.The problem I've encountered is that my 'sales month' is not defined by the calendar month that Qlik employs in time aware charts. For my purpose the end of the month is defined as the last Friday of the month, all remaining calendar days get pushed to the following month. For example, I would only attribute sales from 01/01/2018 - 27/01/2018 for January 2018, sales through the 28th to the 31st would go towards my February total.

Now, my question is if there is any way I can alter the script so that the month defined in the autocalendar follow this same logic to define the start and end dates of the months in a year? The underlying goal being that by doing so I would be able to use a time aware trendline that would give the users the ability to 'zoom' in to the granularity desired for time while having the monthly total displayed follow the logic desired.

P.S I've explored the alternative of using drill-down dimensions to achieve this, however, I am not entirely satisfied with this option as once you select a level to drill into you lose the view into any data that was in the upper level. For example say my dimensions are the following:

YEAR -> MONTH -> WEEK -> DAY

If I were to select a specific month in the year, my view would be limited only to that month (and the weeks in that month, I could then drill into a specific week --but all limited to be a subset of that month). Ideally I would like to be able to let the user to explore different granularity without limiting to a subset of the data.

Hope this is clear, I would appreciate any help!

Thank you,

Gustavo

0 Replies