Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaipersr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to format the tooltip on a vizlib pivot table?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to add a tooltip onto a measure that is within a vizlib pivot table. I would like the tool tip to contain two measures. Lets say measures X and Y. I don't have an issue displaying the two number because I just use  '=X&Y' to concatenate the output. I would like to put them on different lines which I am having trouble doing. I would like my out put to look like the following:

X

Y

I have already tried to put '=X&CHR(10)&Y' and '=X&CHR(13)&Y'. The CHR() function seems to only add a space character. Any thoughts on how to add a new line character?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Arcticat500
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old question, however, I also struggled with this in a concat( expression for the tool tip and never found documentation on it. Today I accidentally discovered a solution, however!

To give the two row result, '=X&'<br>'&Y'

For a Concatenation delimiter (so multiple results appear on their own line), use Chr(10)&'<br>' as your delimiter, and now your results get a carriage return at end of each value.