cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwschramm
Contributor
Contributor

How to incorporate performance icons into a footnote expression

I've historically use the footnote on a KPI to show prior period metrics (preferred over the 2nd KPI option and the "limit' color/symbol approach) as there is a little more flexibility (able to show both last year $ and % of change in the same footnote expression).  Formatting is limited to font, font color, bold etc in presentation\styling section.

I have seen examples before where developers imbed a red down arrow and green up arrows in the footnote that introduces colors to highlight performance but I have never actually tried it.  I seem to recall seeing CHR() stuff but don't have any samples.

Anyone have an example script that they can publish here?  I don't see any examples anywhere in the community.  If there is anything "tricky" about getting the images into the script, that would also be helpful  Pretty sure they are not imported through the typical app media upload.

THANKS in advance for anyone who has some samples.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brunobertels
Master
Master

hi 

Not sure you can apply color coding in foot line of KPI object. 

So rather than use chr() you can replace it with emoji : Qliksense does support emoji. 

There is a red down arrow 🔻 but no green up arrow 

=If ([Sales % Of Change]>0,
'Prior Period ' & Num([Sales PP],MoneyFormat) & ', UP ' & '✔️' & Num([Sales % Of Change], '###.0%'),
'Prior Period ' & Num([Sales PP],MoneyFormat) & ', DOWN ' & '🔻' & Num([Sales % Of Change], '###.0%'))

Find emoji here : https://emojipedia.org/symbols 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

Try this as custom format in your expression 

▲ #,##0;▼ #,##0

it could be  

num( myMesure , '▲ #,##0;▼ #,##0' ) 

Then add in Text Color Expression:

if(Value=1,Green(),Red())

Or using chr() 

for example :

=if(sum(Revenu)-Sum(BudgetAmount)>0,chr(9650),chr(9660))
kwschramm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@brunobertels - This is a great example and using the last sample, I am easily able to get the arrows.  The only thing that I don't know how to do is color them.  Here is my latest (its a little hacky but works for me).

Any ideas on the colored icons?  Thanks again for your help on this.

'Prior Period ' & Num([Sales PP],MoneyFormat) & ', UP ' & chr(9650) & Num([Sales % Of Change], '###.0%'),
'Prior Period ' & Num([Sales PP],MoneyFormat) & ', DOWN ' & chr(9660) & Num([Sales % Of Change], '###.0%'))

brunobertels
Master
Master

hi 

Not sure you can apply color coding in foot line of KPI object. 

So rather than use chr() you can replace it with emoji : Qliksense does support emoji. 

There is a red down arrow 🔻 but no green up arrow 

'Prior Period ' & Num([Sales PP],MoneyFormat) & ', UP ' & '✔️' & Num([Sales % Of Change], '###.0%'),
'Prior Period ' & Num([Sales PP],MoneyFormat) & ', DOWN ' & '🔻' & Num([Sales % Of Change], '###.0%'))

Find emoji here : https://emojipedia.org/symbols 

kwschramm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you again