Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make my column = stock amt turn on show null value ?

Hi All

My Table 1 for YearMonth i not tick on Show null value.

My Table 2 for YearMonth i have tick on Show null value.

Table 1 50010 Amount is wrong and Table 2 50010 Amount is correct , because YearMonth i have tick on show null value.

My question is Table to for stock amt 1,763327 is wrong , it should be display as 1,452,716 ,May i know how to make it not show null value ?

In another word , how to make Table 1 and 2 Column = stock amt display as 1,452,716 ?

Paul

7 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my qvf

sunny_talwar

Seems to be working with the if statement instead of using set analysis. Although I am not sure why that case is

Money(RangeSum(

Above(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<year, month>} If(GL_CODE=50010, [Amount]*1)), 0, RowNo()))),

-Sum(TOTAL If(GL_CODE=50010, Aggr(Sum({<year, month>} If(GL_CODE=50010, [Amount]*1)), YearMonth))))

, $(vMoneyFormatK_GL))

Capture.PNG

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi sunny

I know the issue why , because last week when I ask you , I use the simple file mainly consist of P&L table . Since the file the filed name Amount , don't have null value . So your SET expression work fine.

But when I apply your SET expression into my actual QV Doc , which include many other table , and many other table also have same field name Amount.

This way cause the SET expression not working fine.

In order for my solve the problem , I need to change the field name from Amount to Amount_ . This will avoid null value.

Not sure you can help a distinct in the SET expression ? As if SET expression is work , I hope that in future I can allow user to select particular date it can display the stock amount.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

sunny_talwar

So you are trying to pick Amount from a specific table?

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Yes you are right. I only want to pick the Amount from my GL Table . As my competitor sales table also have the same field name Amount.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

sunny_talwar

Not sure I can recommend a solution since your data model is very complicated and finding the issue would be like looking for a needle in a haystack .

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Yes you are right , no wat you can trouble shoot by looking as my data model. I think it is ok , I can modify the field name the new name and it will solve the issue. Thank you very much .

By the way my next question is once I can remove the null value , do you think it is possible to make the SET expression more dynamic to display the stock amount by click on year = 2015 and month = March , will it be possible to display 2015 March stock amount ?

Meaning base on last week your SET expression , on computer monthly stock amount by month. Can I get particular month stock amount ? So that I don't need create a table with every month one expression , like stock for 1 yr ago and 1 month ago approach.

Hope you can share with me on this .

Paul

Paul

Sent from my iPhone