Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to show percentage share not considering the filter

Hi guys,

I have column 1 and column 2 and I want to find the share of column 1 against its total. (see picture below)

In column two I have done a formula that aggregate the numbers and show the total 

The problem is that I want to avoid the number to change when I am filtering by a dimension (IE Investor Type) as I want always to show the share against the total.

This is the formula for the denominator which sits in column 2 at the moment: 

aggr(nodistinct sum(aggr(if($(vEligibleComm)>ConcentrationLimit,

Sum({<[Investor Type]-={"Ineligible"}>} Unfunded)
-

($(vEligibleComm)-ConcentrationLimit)*aggr(Nodistinct Sum({1<[Investor Type]-={"Ineligible"}>} Total <Fundgroup>Unfunded),Fundgroup),Sum({<[Investor Type]-={"Ineligible"}>} Unfunded)),Investor)),Fundgroup)

This is also the Variable $(vEligibleComm):

Sum({<[Investor Type]-={"Ineligible"}>} Unfunded)/aggr(Nodistinct Sum({1<[Investor Type]-={"Ineligible"}>} Total <Fundgroup>Unfunded),Fundgroup)

mikecherry_0-1601568780835.png

Let me know your thoughts...

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

@mikecherry Try this

Only({<[Investor Type]>} Aggr(nodistinct Sum({<[Investor Type]>} Aggr(If($(vEligibleComm) > Only({<[Investor Type]>} ConcentrationLimit),

Sum({<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}>})>} Unfunded)
-

($(vEligibleComm)-Only({<[Investor Type]>} ConcentrationLimit))*Only({<[Investor Type]>} Aggr(Nodistinct Sum({1<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}>})>} Total <Fundgroup>Unfunded),Fundgroup)), Sum({<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}>})>} Unfunded)),Investor)),Fundgroup))

and this for the variable

Sum({<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}>})>} Unfunded)/Only({<[Investor Type]>} Aggr(Nodistinct Sum({1<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}>})>} Total <Fundgroup>Unfunded),Fundgroup))

I might have misplaced a parenthesis, but the idea is to ignore selection in [Investor Type] with all possible aggregations.... including naked Aggr() functions using Only() function

mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sunny ... you are a bloody hero !!!!! It seems to work, I will back-test it little bit more and let you know 

Thank you so much !!!!!!!

mikecherry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What if there's another selection I need to avoid ? (IE Investor) 

sunny_talwar

Try this @mikecherry 

Only({<[Investor Type], [IE Investor]>} Aggr(nodistinct Sum({<[Investor Type], [IE Investor]>} Aggr(If($(vEligibleComm) > Only({<[Investor Type], [IE Investor]>} ConcentrationLimit),

Sum({<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}, [IE Investor]>}), [IE Investor]>} Unfunded)
-

($(vEligibleComm)-Only({<[Investor Type], [IE Investor]>} ConcentrationLimit))*Only({<[Investor Type], [IE Investor]>} Aggr(Nodistinct Sum({1<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}, [IE Investor]>}), [IE Investor]>} Total <Fundgroup>Unfunded),Fundgroup)), Sum({<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}, [IE Investor]>}), [IE Investor]>} Unfunded)),Investor)),Fundgroup))

and variable

Sum({<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}, [IE Investor]>}), [IE Investor]>} Unfunded)/Only({<[Investor Type], [IE Investor]>} Aggr(Nodistinct Sum({1<[Investor Type] = e({<[Investor Type] = {"Ineligible"}, [IE Investor]>}), [IE Investor]>} Total <Fundgroup>Unfunded),Fundgroup))