Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asheppardwork
Creator
Creator

I need to ignore a dimension filter in a Qlik VizLib Line Chart

Okay I have a very strange and rather difficult request; or at least for me. I have a Qlik VizLib line chart of dates, amounts, and people. I need it to filter like normal on the people, but ignore any filtering on the dates; The people and the dates are dimensions and the amounts are measures. I have tried using set logic; but then all the names stay even when filtered. How can I do this? Is it even possible?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

This was very close to the end solution; so I'll mark accept as solution; then end result that worked was: =Sum({<DATE=,NAME=P(NAME)>}AMOUNT) in the measure field

View solution in original post

9 Replies
goncalo_ricardo_pereira
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @asheppardwork ,

If I understood correctly your question, you should be able to achieve what you want in the set analysis expressions you using in your chart measures.

Let's say you calculating your sales like this: Sum(sales).

To ignore the data selection you should have in your measure the following: Sum({<date=>} sales)

Basically the set analysis command "date=" is going to instruct that measure to ignore any selection done by the users... This means... the user is going to be able to use the chart to make date selections, but the chart is going to display always the same info because your expressions are now ignore any selection done in the date field.

Hope it helps.

Goncalo

asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

This was very close to the end solution; so I'll mark accept as solution; then end result that worked was: =Sum({<DATE=,NAME=P(NAME)>}AMOUNT) in the measure field

asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually I claimed it was resolved a little too soon; when I filter the dates in Master Items or in another chart, the fields get 'some' filtered out; but not all.  Not sure what is the cause

asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

It might be because the same date fields are used in different ways in the dashboard; so I may have to list all the fields that are 'date' related as =

asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

I listed all fields that are 'date' related as =; but even after that it is still filtering; so I guess that means I have to list all fields except the one I want to filter? what a pain.  Qlik keeps sending me surveys, this month they don't want me to fill it out.

asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

I made a few replies, sorry for the rambling bit.  I added all 70+ individual fields and still getting filter behavior when dates are selected/not selected; is there a syntax that will say 'only' filter on '1' field? right now the amount is the measure and it looks like this with all the field names: =Sum({1<ADDRESS1=,ADDRESS2=,AMOUNT=,... many more fields ...,NAME=P(NAME)>}AMOUNT)

asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

Going to ask a new question because I think this one is technically answered, but I need to know the opposite of it; how can I ignore everything but 1 field as a filter.

asheppardwork
Creator
Creator
Author

So, thanks everyone for your help on my issue with Qlik and filters and charts; it was my human error.  The filter of the field 'Name' was working as Qlik intended; and I was displaying another field. So once I got my head on straight and used the correct display field and the correct field in the set analysis logic; it worked.  So the moral of the story; always check on your own assumptions.