Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TIGERMG
Contributor II
Contributor II

INDEX function not working

Hi ALL,

I'm created 1 table with 12 columns and want to show dem on show / hide way on selection on MONTHYEAR fields.

so, for column condition I put below expression, it is working for any 6 selection in MONTHYEAR field but if i select any other MONTHYEAR field it wont work....... I found the issue that is Index become zero after 7 select.

If(Len(GetFieldSelections(MONTHYEAR))>0 and index(GetFieldSelections(MONTHYEAR), '$(vJan)')>0 , 1,0)

please suggest . Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

getfieldselections() has a third parameter for max value which is by default 6. If you need more values to be considered, you have to explicitly pass it. Try like:

If(Len(GetFieldSelections(MONTHYEAR , ',' , 100))>0 and index(GetFieldSelections(MONTHYEAR , ',' , 100), '$(vJan)')>0 , 1,0)

View solution in original post

tresesco
MVP
MVP

@TIGERMG , GetCurrentSelections() is not exactly similar to the earlier one. It doesn't have a field parameter, of course, you need all fields selection, so there is no point mentioning one. I suggest to always check qlik's official help site once you get a hint from community to understand better and resolve. Please check here : GetCurrentSelections | QlikView Help

For this case, you may try like: 

=GetCurrentSelections(',','|','@',100)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

getfieldselections() has a third parameter for max value which is by default 6. If you need more values to be considered, you have to explicitly pass it. Try like:

If(Len(GetFieldSelections(MONTHYEAR , ',' , 100))>0 and index(GetFieldSelections(MONTHYEAR , ',' , 100), '$(vJan)')>0 , 1,0)

TIGERMG
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Its working as per the requirement.

Thank you🙂 so much for your help.

TIGERMG
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Tresesco,

I have created 1 field in backend i.e ACTUALS and again 1 table with 12 columns and want to show dem on show / hide way on selection on ACTUALS fields.

GetFieldSelections is not working so i take below GetCurrentSelections, its working but aging same not more than 6 selection even applying the same expression which u suggest earlier. 

If(Len(GetCurrentSelections(ACTUALS,',',100))>0 and index(GetCurrentSelections(ACTUALS,',',100), '$(v1)')>0 , 1,0)

Please suggest.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

@TIGERMG , GetCurrentSelections() is not exactly similar to the earlier one. It doesn't have a field parameter, of course, you need all fields selection, so there is no point mentioning one. I suggest to always check qlik's official help site once you get a hint from community to understand better and resolve. Please check here : GetCurrentSelections | QlikView Help

For this case, you may try like: 

=GetCurrentSelections(',','|','@',100)