Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III

If \ or conditions in the script

Hi All,

I have a number of if statements like below,

if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),'ZERO','NOT ZERO') as STATUS,
if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),0,BEG_BAL) as BEG_BAL_1,
if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),0,END_BAL) as END_BAL_1,
if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),0,ACTIVITY) as ACTIVITY_1

Could you please suggest how to move ahead to get the optimize results.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not quite sure what you mean but you wouldn't need to do the check for each field else you may use a preceeding load like:

load *,  pick(Check, 'ZERO', 'NOT ZERO') as STATUS, pick(Check, 0, BEG_BAL) as BEG_BAL_1, ...;
load *, if(wildmatch(...) or index(...)>1, 1, 2) as Check from Source;

Whereby if there are many of such matchings I would in general look to avoid and/or minimize them and/or to apply rather join/mapping/association approaches as creating duplicate information in extra fields.

- Marcus 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Experts,

Can you please suggest on this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks

deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@sunny_talwar - Please help

Seyko
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

Create a flag for the values which match with your conditions in your statements (especially second one). Create a  LOAD INLINE table (with your criterias ) and use it like a mapping table (Applymap()) . I hope it'll be helpful for you.

Regards.

Excuse my english, i'm french!
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your inputs.

Can you please share an example for the same?

marcus_sommer

Take a look on the following postings:

Mapping … and not the geographical kind - Qlik Community - 1494869

What is a Mapping Load in Qlikview - Qlik Community - 1481005

and be not impatient if you need a few days to go through all possibilities carefully. Mapping is an essential way of categorize, clean, flag or match the data and usually also the easiest and most suitable & performant approach for it. So it's worth to comprehend the logics.

- Marcus

deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the valuable response. For the below code, is it possible to create the calculated column in the resident load for WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*') and use the same in the script.

if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),'ZERO','NOT ZERO') as STATUS,
if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),0,BEG_BAL) as BEG_BAL_1,
if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),0,END_BAL) as END_BAL_1,
if(WildMatch(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*D*') OR (INDEX(PLSR_Footnote_temp,'*')>1),0,ACTIVITY) as ACTIVITY_1

Please suggest

marcus_sommer

I'm not quite sure what you mean but you wouldn't need to do the check for each field else you may use a preceeding load like:

load *,  pick(Check, 'ZERO', 'NOT ZERO') as STATUS, pick(Check, 0, BEG_BAL) as BEG_BAL_1, ...;
load *, if(wildmatch(...) or index(...)>1, 1, 2) as Check from Source;

Whereby if there are many of such matchings I would in general look to avoid and/or minimize them and/or to apply rather join/mapping/association approaches as creating duplicate information in extra fields.

- Marcus