Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apfelbaum
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ignore Selection in expression, but not in for table

Hi, 

so I have the following question. I want to ignore the selection of a certain dimension in one expression, but still want that the table to be filtered for that dimension. 

Following example

IDProjectProject Lead
1DogJosh; Marc
2CatSophie; Julian

So when I filter for Josh, the table looks like that 

IDProjectProject Lead
1DogJosh

But I want it to look like that: 

IDProjectProject Lead
1DogJosh; Marc

ID and Project are dimensions. Project Lead is a expression with Concat(Distinct ProjectLead, '; ')

When I use Set Expression and filter for Josh in ProjectLead, the whole table will not filter anymore. I used Concat({< ProjectLead = >} (Distinct ProjectLead, '; ') . This is the result: 

IDProjectProject Lead
1DogJosh; Marc
2CatSophie; Julia

Anyone got an idea, how I can achieve this? 

Looking forward for your input! 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you can try with: Concat({<Project=P(Project), [Project Lead]>} Distinct [Project Lead],';')

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, you can try with: Concat({<Project=P(Project), [Project Lead]>} Distinct [Project Lead],';')

Apfelbaum
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey, thank you very much for your solution! It works! I did not even know that there is a function P() in the setexpression! 🙂 

I also found an alternate solution, which is to concat in a seperate field in the script. And then in the dashboards, in the tables you can use the concatenated field of the script, and for the filters you use the non-concatenated field.