cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfarr13
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Implementing Object Search / Filter on Multiple Fields in QlikSense

I would like to have the functionality of Search Object from QlikView in QlikSense. Basically having the ability to add multiple fields within a single object and then being able to filter through all of the added fields within that object. Furthermore the ability to search with a string but only on those added fields within the Search Object.

Example;

Fields in Object: FirstName, LastName, Address, Phone, ZIP

If I type: "123" in the search section of the object, I would expect to have results to be pulled from all of the 5 fields where the string "123" exists in those fields. So I would have results from Address, Phone, ZIP for example.

See attached photo from a QlikView application. Here I have 6 fields in the search object. I can search on all of the objects and get back results only where the searched for string matches existent data. Then I can expand the results to analyse further from the (+) sign.

image.pngScreenshot_1.png

Is this functionality in QlikSense already or is there some kind of extension available?

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Qlik Sense has a Filter Pane object that you can add as many dimensions to as you wish to use like QlikView. 

Qlik Sense goes beyond the filter panel in Qlik View and gives you a really smart "Search your data" ability to search every single field in your entire data model. It's in the upper left corner of every single application automatically. 

Search.png

Check out all the things it can do here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Search/use-smart-sea...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Qlik Sense has a Filter Pane object that you can add as many dimensions to as you wish to use like QlikView. 

Qlik Sense goes beyond the filter panel in Qlik View and gives you a really smart "Search your data" ability to search every single field in your entire data model. It's in the upper left corner of every single application automatically. 

Search.png

Check out all the things it can do here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Search/use-smart-sea...