Qlik Community

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld online is next week! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mazenbilto
Contributor II
Contributor II

In a set analysis, getting a month and the month before it.

Hello qlik community

I have a problem that im suffering with and a senior of mine before me that struggled with it too. Currently on the April version im trying to do this in a set analysis

Keep in mind that i have constructed a date to look like this: if this was a date "3/25/2018 10:10:10 AM" it turns it to "3/2018" so only the month and the year

KPI 1 (On this KPI i want to show the latest year and month in the data)

so im writing something like this

Count( {$<Month_Year = {'$(=Max(Month_year))'}>} ID) ----> this works

KPI 2 (On this KPI i want to show the year and month prior to the selection in KPI 1)

and for this one i try this

Count( {$<Month_Year = {'$(=Max(Month_year) -1)'}>} ID) -----> this doesnt work

Count( {$<Month_Year = {'$(=AddMonths(Max(Month_year), -1) )'}>} ID)  -----> this doesnt work either

also any kind of month manipulation just doesn't work in set analysis. Note that these operations work in a Text/Image Chart and i verified that it can work. but in set analysis it doesn't.

please help.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

If you create Month_Year like this in the script

Date(MonthStart(date), 'M/YYYY') as Month_Year

then try this

Count( {$<Month_Year = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Month_year), -1), 'M/YYYY'))"}>} ID)

Basically, you need to make sure that format within your set analysis matches with the format of your Month_Year field.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

If you create Month_Year like this in the script

Date(MonthStart(date), 'M/YYYY') as Month_Year

then try this

Count( {$<Month_Year = {"$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(Month_year), -1), 'M/YYYY'))"}>} ID)

Basically, you need to make sure that format within your set analysis matches with the format of your Month_Year field.

mazenbilto
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so very much!