Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david6
Contributor
Contributor

Incomplete PDF export

Hello,

I'm running Qlik Sense November 2021 edition on a virtual machine in the Azure cloud.

I've got some work sheets (storytelling feature) with gauge charts that dynamically load data.

What I'm trying to do is use the PDF export feature from the menu to download the charts.

What happens is that the it takes several minutes to generate the PDF - even if the charts do not contain any data - and the PDF does not contain any gauge charts, they're just missing.

I'm attaching the log I found in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Printing\Trace\System_Printing_rwr.txt - they show "blocking errors in mashup".

I already increased some timeouts following the advice here  but it did not show any effect.

I'd suspect some network issue. Do I need to open some ports maybe? Or is this a documented bug?

Best Regards

David

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Jobson_joseph
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is there any reason you are using storytelling, the best way to get reports would be nprinting.

The error  you are getting is due to timeout only.

david6
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The reason is that it's a customer requirement. There's neither budget nor FTE to implement a solution with Nprinting.

So are you suggesting that this feature is buggy? And timeout because of what? What does "blocking errors in mashup" refer to?

Jobson_joseph
Contributor II
Contributor II

As you mentioned you've setup in azure env, there might be netwrok delay when you are rendering it to local.

what's the bandwidth in vm allocated, you can try increasing it.

blocking errors in mashup - this is interesting issue, i dont think you've implemented the app using mashup right.