Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kandimal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Input value using a range Slider

hello all,

I have received a requirement from my users,

looking for a functionality using Slider, they want to input the range(from and to values) instead of drag and drop to see the values. this needs to be based on transaction amount.

for ex, user wants to enter the transaction amount from $10 to $100 and my table should be filtered with that data.

for this, i have created a global variables - min(tran_amt) and max(tran_amt)... calling these global variables in range slider under from and to. now in my table, i made one dimension to show fixed number under limitation but the data isn't getting filtered.

Could some one please help me on how to achieve this? If i try regular slider for top10 or bottom 10 then it's working fine.

from the below image, user ideally should be entering the values in the text box and the slider should be moved accordingly along with data filter

Kandimal_0-1599668098778.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kandimal
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Greg,

@GregoireVG 

Thanks for the reply, as you rightly mentioned I was in the right direction and here is how I have achieved it.

i was initially missing the connection between my sliders (variables) and tables/chart. to establish the connection, 

previously, my condition was

(if(product_name='deposit',(min_valulue),if(product_name=('deposit'),max_value),amount))

After making changes to set condition, my condition was

=aggr(if(only({<product_name={'deposit'}>}amount)>=$(min_value) and only({<product_name={'deposit'}>}amount)<=$(max_value),amount),amount)

with the above condition, I can either enter a value inside the "range slider" or drag the slider buttons.

thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregoireVG
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @Kandimal ,

Could you provide a sample from your data or an app with dummy data?
Because you're on the right path so I don't fully understand what you need and what's missing.

Kandimal
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Greg,

@GregoireVG 

Thanks for the reply, as you rightly mentioned I was in the right direction and here is how I have achieved it.

i was initially missing the connection between my sliders (variables) and tables/chart. to establish the connection, 

previously, my condition was

(if(product_name='deposit',(min_valulue),if(product_name=('deposit'),max_value),amount))

After making changes to set condition, my condition was

=aggr(if(only({<product_name={'deposit'}>}amount)>=$(min_value) and only({<product_name={'deposit'}>}amount)<=$(max_value),amount),amount)

with the above condition, I can either enter a value inside the "range slider" or drag the slider buttons.

thanks