Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanderingcatto
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it possible to do multiple associations between two dataset?

I'm currently trying to do up a Qlik Sense dashboard to display top 10 keywords based on TF-IDF from different possible grouping of reports.

I've one dataset that's hold the actual list of reports (df1):

Year Branch Audit Findings
2010 Alpha Alpha branch had done well...
2011 Alpha This branch continued to be...
2012 Beta Much area for improvement...
... ... ...

And I've another dataset that contains the top TF-IDF keywords based on different possible grouping of reports (df2):

Year Group Branch Group Top Keywords
2010 - 2015 All done well, continued, ...
2012 West area for improvement, poor, ...
All Premium done well, area for improvement, ...

Now, the field "Year" and "Branch" from df1 are actually related to the field "Year Group" and "Branch Group" from df2 respectively, but the values are not exactly the same, so I've some mapping table

Mapping table 1. Each year may belong to several year group, so it's not a one-to-one mapping:

Year Group Year
2010 - 2015 2010
2010 - 2015 2011
2010 - 2015 ... (continue until 2015)
2012 2012
All 2000
All 2001
All ... (continue until latest year)

Mapping table 2. Each branch may belong to several branch groups, so it's not a one-to-one mapping:

Branch Group Branch
West Alpha
Premium Alpha
Premium Beta
All Alpha
All Beta
All ... (continue until all branches are covered)

I would like to associate df1 and df2 in my dashboard via both mapping table 1 and mapping table 2, so that my filters and other dimensions / measures could work nicely without having to resort to convoluted if / else statements. However, Qlik Sense does not allow association of two dataset via two or more mapping table, as that would be considered a circular association.

Is there anyway that I could get around this?

Labels (1)
0 Replies