Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmalenfant
Partner - Contributor III

Is it possible to open backed up apps from server into desktop version?

Hi community,

The computer we used to store our Qlik Sense Server has crashed and we're not able to set-up another instance at this point. I'm trying to install Qlik_sense_setup.exe from the download site and am getting the "Service user validation failed" error even after following the steps in this post https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=service+user+validation+failed

So my question now is, is it possible to somehow open apps from a back-up in my local qliksense desktop instead of setting up a new server? The files have "file" as the file type and I can't figure out how to open them. We are hoping we didn't lose our existing apps!

thanks in advance!

example app backup file.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Yes, you can open apps from Qlik Sense Desktop, just rename files, add ".qvf " extension and open in qlik sense desktop

Note: -Remember install extensions if needed

Regards

An Pham

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Yes, you can open apps from Qlik Sense Desktop, just rename files, add ".qvf " extension and open in qlik sense desktop

Note: -Remember install extensions if needed

Regards

An Pham

jmalenfant
Author

Thanks so much! I thought we had tried that but apparently we missed that simple thing!  Just confirmed that it worked.