Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_S
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it still possible to disable the menu bar?

I'd like to disable the Menu Bar at the top of my page. I know this was possible in Qliksense Client Managed, but I'm just in the process of testing out SaaS. There are several reasons for wanting to disable this;

• Most of it needs to be duplicated below anyway; When users "print to PDF" then it is always preferable to have a box showing getcurrentselections... so all the selections need to be shown a second time anyway.
  • It's often useful to have hidden fields handling funky stuff that you don't want end users to see. No developer wants to explain why it says "Hidden selections applied". (Hide Suffix/Prefix)
  • It's often useful to have hidden sheets, for example a glossary page which is only reachable via a button.
  • The Navigation buttons are better when branded. If your whole dashboard is decked out in company colours, then it is surprising how many users don't even think to look (let alone click) on the "sheets".

With Browser Tabs, URL bar, Qlik Bar, then Menu Bar, then Sheet Title... that's a huge amount of real estate already gone. Roughly 1/3 of the screen if you're using a typical laptop. Something has to go and for me, that's the Menu Bar.

I know it was possible in Qliksense Client Managed. That's discussed here Solved: Disable the bars at the top Qlik Sense Server - Qlik Community - 1149188

Is it possible in SaaS?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

4 Replies
Andrew_S
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I found this as an option GitHub - Enriquema/SimpleFieldSelect: Qlik Sense Extension for field and variable control with "miss...

That's a publicly available extension which was launched ~6 years ago. It was last updated ~4 years ago. It looks to add in tons of features that Qlik removed when streamlining and looks to be a really awesome bit of kit.

But, within the last 4 years, most of those features have been added back in. I don't want to go installing an extension which breaks other things. I also don't particularly want to install an extension at all if it requires constant management every time we get updates to Qlik. I tried installing it anyway as an extension, but it's not working.

I've looked through the JS file trying to identify the bit of code that relates to the Menu bar specifically, but I'm no Java expert and there is a lot of code to work through. Has anyone else had experience in this?

rowan00
Contributor
Contributor

How do I disable the menu panel enabled with Alt V? Not possible to disable it with the same shortcut because "Alt" selects the menu, and "V" navigates to view.
image_2023-06-02_163019865.png

Andrew_S
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Rowan,

I'm not sure I follow what you're referring to. By Menu bar I mean this

Andrew_S_0-1685709747661.png

Andrew_S
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've just heard back from one of the technical department at Qlik. He's said this is on their list and is imminent, expect it in one of the next 2 releases. 🙂