Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to accumulate running totals across a dimension?

I am fairly new to qlik sense, and have read several posts on similar topics, but have not found a direct answer to my situation.

I have data with several dimensions, but want to accumulate running totals across a single dimension.  An example is the easiest way to explain what I am looking to do.

My data has a month of origination dimension - VintMth (yyyymm) and an age dimension - MthsOrig (mm) along with other filtering dimensions and a measure that I wish to sum and total.  The chart shown below is after the first aggregation (the running sum).

MthsOrig
VintMth678910
Total190002100023000145007000

I am looking for the "Total" row.  I have found that the following formula gives me the desired result for each "VintMth":

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<VINTMTH>} CHRGOFFAMT),0,RowNo()))

,VINTMTH,(MTHSORIG,numeric,ascending)))

Essentially I believe this gives me a running sum for each VintMth (the rows shown above).  Now I wish to accumulate these running sum amounts down the "MthsOrig" columns (in order to give a "Total" for each MthsOrig), which looks like I would need another aggregation formula that I don't believe is allowed on top of an existing aggregation formula.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Labels (1)
16 Replies
sunny_talwar

I apologize, but I still don't completely understand what you are looking to get. You have two dimensions in your chart, where are you hoping to see the total row? Is that going to be a separate line for total? Is this chart not right? What are you looking to get here?

Capture.PNG

If you can provide the numbers which you expect to see based on the data in your sample app, that will be very helpful to understand what might you be trying to do.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

I am looking to create a single additional line that carries this total information.

I have an excel spreadsheet showing the additional information.  Can I send this to you directly - I'd rather not post it on a public forum.

Thanks.  Jeff.

sunny_talwar

I have added you as a connection. You can send me a private message. I will share my email on the Private message with you

Not applicable
Author

I am sending this from the Inbox section, but am not finding an attachment icon.  Am I doing this correctly?

sunny_talwar

Just send me a private message. Once you do, I will give you my email to send the file. There is no way to attach the file through PM

Not applicable
Author

I apologize for my ignorance.  How do I send you a private message?

Not applicable
Author

Sunny T,

Can you pick up this thread again?