Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katrien_vanguch
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Issue: Set analysis – Percentage – Total - Bar chart

Hi,

I need to calculate a percentage (using total) as a measure in a bar chart (see screenshots) taking into account the selection I make with Month Year only reflect start dates.

Month Year consists of two type of dates: start dates and due dates (values in field %DateOrigin). We wish that for certain metrics we can filter on start dates or due dates with the same filter Month Year. This is the expression used:

=Count({<%DateOrigin=  {'Start Date'}>} [ID]) / Count({<%DateOrigin=  {'Start Date'}>} total <Objective> [ID])

It works perfect, but for certain selections (combinations of Month Year and (Region or other field)) the denominator (Count({<%DateOrigin=  {'Start Date'}>} total <Objective> [ID]) ) gives the same amounts as in the counter (Count({<%DateOrigin=  {'Start Date'}>} [ID])). Which is wrong considering the data from the selection.

Only when I additionally select the value Start Date in the filter %DateOrigin, the correct percentage is given. I do not understand why I need to make an extra selection since this is already available in the expression (in both the denominator and counter {<%DateOrigin= {'Start Date'}>}) How can I solve this? I currently added the filter %DateOrigin as a workaround, but this is not ideal for business.

I have also tried to use the 1 in set analysis, but then the percentages are not what I want.  

=Count({1<%DateOrigin=  {'Start Date'}>} [ID]) / Count({1<%DateOrigin=  {'Start Date'}>} total <Objective> [ID])

I could supply a dataset and the qvf but it would take time since I would need to randomize my data first and also change some fieldnames.

I am using Qlik Sense Feb 2019

Labels (3)
1 Reply
sunny_talwar

It would be easier to help if we can see a sample qvf... I know you said it can take time, but I think it will be worth your time and effort.