Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue With Exporting App Without Data (Old Bug - Possibly Fixed Now)

I started working at a new company, and have learned that 3-4 years ago they had a fairly significant issue with exporting an app without data (from the QMC).  Since it's been a while, their recollection of the exact issue is a little foggy now, but it sounds like maybe variables (or maybe master items) weren't being retained in the "empty" app that got exported.

I'm trying to see if anyone in the community has had this same issue, and whether it truly was a bug at one point.  But even more importantly, I'm wanting to see if that bug has been fixed.  This company has had to come up with some less than ideal methods to empty an app of its data in order to avoid this export bug.

Thanks!
Steve

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

The only issue I can think of that won't survive exporting without data is Always One Selected Value, which will get un-checked because in this scenario there are zero values in the field and therefor it's not possible to select one value. Other people may know of additional problems, but that's the only one I'm familiar with that might potentially cause issues.