Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuentinB1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Issue with data loading after association

Hi everyone,

I was using the free version of Qlik Cloud until recently, and recently got a license for Qlik Sense Enterprise. As I was doing the transition to one version from the other, I noticed an issue with 2 of my tables.

They both have only one column in common ("Partners"), and were loaded separately. One is a concatenation of 4 files, the other is an outer join. When I use the version on my free trial, the association works and everything loads successfully. However, after doing the same exact manipulations on the Enterprise version, the association works fine, but when trying to load the data, it gives me the error message that the name "Partners" is already taken (as you can see in the attached files).

My issue is that I have checked everything in my files, in my imported tables, and there is no other association, column or value named "Partners". I also tried to rename the association to some gibberish, but it doesn't matter, and the error message is always the same, but with the new association name given.

I've tried looking at the scripts as well, but couldn't find any duplicates or reasons why it would give me this error, and I've tried several times to disconnect and reconnect from the application, on different computers.

If someone could help me with this issue, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
QuentinB1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, I found a way to bypass the issue, I split the outer-joined file, then did the association between the concatenated and one of the split files, and I did the outer-join only after the association was created. It seems to work this way, so I'll take that as a win.

Thank you to the people who took time for this 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @QuentinB1 

are you using the RENAME instruction somewhere in your script?

Regards

QuentinB1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Fabiano_Martino_Intelco

Indeed, the RENAME function is used a total of 6 times, 5 of which are to rename the tables, and the last one to rename one field

Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Usually your error is associated with the RENAME instruction.

I suggest you load the script with the debug mode to catch the specific line.

Regards

QuentinB1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I can’t use the software tomorrow, so I will try that in 2 days, and let you know if it worked then.

Thanks for the fast replies.

QuentinB1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Fabiano_Martino_Intelco The issue is indeed related to a RENAME FIELD function, but I don't want to unlock the auto-generated script since I won't be able to access the data manager, which is mainly what I am using to modify my data.

Do you know about any alternative ways of fixing this issue ?

Regards.

QuentinB1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, I found a way to bypass the issue, I split the outer-joined file, then did the association between the concatenated and one of the split files, and I did the outer-join only after the association was created. It seems to work this way, so I'll take that as a win.

Thank you to the people who took time for this 🙂