Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaithraMahesh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Label is not showing for calculated dimension in search bar - currently shows the expression

Hi, 

I have added label for calculated master dimension for one of the expression and added into the Qliksense table. It is showing the label which I gave but when I select a value in this dimensions, it is showing expression not but not the label in the selection bar. It was working when I created in older version but currently I'm using February 2024 version and not able to achieve it. Below is my similar expression. there is no error in the expression. I can's add in the data model/Script editor as I have to use variable for UI functionality. 

I have seen many posts about it, but none with a solution
Any ideas?

ChaithraMahesh_0-1717231922175.png

#CalculatedDimension #Label 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ciya
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Chaithra, 

Please use CalcDim('your expression') function in the Master Dimension expression to solve your issue. 

Cheers,

Ciya_0-1717241371201.png

Ciya_1-1717241495580.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ciya
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Chaithra, 

Please use CalcDim('your expression') function in the Master Dimension expression to solve your issue. 

Cheers,

Ciya_0-1717241371201.png

Ciya_1-1717241495580.png

ChaithraMahesh
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Ciya Thanks for your response. This solution worked for me!!

adias102
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same problem but adding CalcDim didn't solve it.

I have a calculated master dimension:

if(isnull([Test]), '(0) A' ,
if([Test] <= 1, '(1) B',
if([Test] > 1 and [Test] <= 10 , '(2) C',
if([Test] > 10 and [Test] <= 15, '(3) D',
'(4) E'
))))

The dimension name and label is 'Test Category'.

When I add it to a table the label is sown as expected. In the search bar I see the calcultion.

When I add the CalcDim fumction it shows the label in the search bar, but the values are the field values and not the calculated categories. That is, when I want to choose a value for this dimension I don't see the options (0) A ; (1) B etc but the field values themselves (0, 5.4, 6.7......).

How can I solve it?

Thanks