Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RomanVanK
Contributor II
Contributor II

Latlong gets ignored, names misinterpreted, Measure hides the bubble layer

Trying to make my first app, I have the following CSV for data:

| Name | Year | Hits | Latlong |

where Name is a name of a location inside Vancouver, Canada. I want to show bubbles on the map, where the size will depend on the number of Hits for the Name.

What happens instead:

1. When I add the Bubble layer to the sheet and choose Name as dimension, the names of most of my locations are not shown.
  2. For those that are, they are shown outside of Canada, even though each row has a Latlong value, which is very much inside Canada.
  3. If I add Hits as measure to the Bubble layer, the points disappear from the map.

Is there a way to convince Qlik to assign more weight to Latlong than to Name? 

Attaching the map screenshot, where latlong is ignored and names scattered across the world map instead.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use LatLong as the dimension. There is another option under the dimensions for you to specify how the location should be labelled - use Name there. Sorry I am not more specific here, i don't have a mapping based app handy.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Use LatLong as the dimension. There is another option under the dimensions for you to specify how the location should be labelled - use Name there. Sorry I am not more specific here, i don't have a mapping based app handy.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
RomanVanK
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ended up finding exactly this combination. Thank you.