Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator

Limited Accumulation in Combo Chart in Qlik Sense

Hello All,

I have a requirement where in I need to use Accumulation in Qlik Sense. Showing the data for completed month ie. June 2019 so my values in MTD from Jan to Dec is coming correct means some numeric values "$" in Jan to Jun and "0" in Jul to Dec. The similar should happen when doing Accumulation in Column 2 but not possible using either Rowno() or $(vMonth). Need it in Combo Chart (want Accumulation on Line) but to get correct figures I'm trying it in straight table. Its like values from Jan to Jun: the Line must be raising and from July to Dec: there should be no line. It should stop at June even for Accumulation and should not grow for July and so on. Same when July comes the Line must show for Jan to Jul and rest of the months be "0".

Variables used:

$(vMonth) = Max(CalendarMonthNumber)

$(vYearSelection) = Year(Today())

Attached is the reference pic. Formula I'm trying to figure it out:-

1st Column formula - ACT MTD-YTD:

num(Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"},CalendarYear={$(vYearSelection)}>}[ACT YTD in USD]),'$#,##0.0')

2nd Column Formula - ACT YTD Acc -1: 

Num(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"},CalendarYear=$(vYearSelection)},CalendarMonthAndYear=,CalendarMonthName=>}[ACT YTD in USD]),0,RowNo())),'$#,##0.0')

3rd Column Formula - Acct YTD Acc -2:

num(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"},CalendarYear={$(vYearSelection)},CalendarMonthAndYear=,CalendarMonthName=>}[ACT YTD in USD]),0,$(vMonth))),'$#,##0.0')

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for quick reply Sunny but I had nested IF condition and I did something like below:

if(RowNo()>=Num(Month(Today())),0,
if(GetSelectedCount(Currency)>0,
num(RangeSum(Above(
(Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"},CalendarYear={$(vYearSelection)},CalendarMonthAndYear=,CalendarMonthName=>}[ACT YTD])
),0,RowNo())),'#,##0.0'),
num(RangeSum(Above(
Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"},CalendarYear={$(vYearSelection)},CalendarMonthAndYear=,CalendarMonthName=>}[ACT YTD in USD])
,0,RowNo())),'$#,##0.0')))

Coming correct as of now.

Like for July to Dec getting '0' and from Jan to Jun getting '$ values'
If selecting any currency say 'INR' then again for July to Dec getting '0' and from Jan to Jun getting 'normal values' without $ that is in local currency.

Do you think what I formulate is the correct solution? Kindly help in validating.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this

Num(

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber, CalendarYear, CalendarMonthAndYear, CalendarMonthName>} [ACT YTD in USD]), 0, RowNo()))

Avg({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"}, CalendarYear=$(vYearSelection)}, CalendarMonthAndYear, CalendarMonthName>} 1)

, '$#,##0.0')
pradnya_amol
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for quick reply Sunny but I had nested IF condition and I did something like below:

if(RowNo()>=Num(Month(Today())),0,
if(GetSelectedCount(Currency)>0,
num(RangeSum(Above(
(Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"},CalendarYear={$(vYearSelection)},CalendarMonthAndYear=,CalendarMonthName=>}[ACT YTD])
),0,RowNo())),'#,##0.0'),
num(RangeSum(Above(
Sum({<CalendarMonthNumber={">=1<=$(vMonth)"},CalendarYear={$(vYearSelection)},CalendarMonthAndYear=,CalendarMonthName=>}[ACT YTD in USD])
,0,RowNo())),'$#,##0.0')))

Coming correct as of now.

Like for July to Dec getting '0' and from Jan to Jun getting '$ values'
If selecting any currency say 'INR' then again for July to Dec getting '0' and from Jan to Jun getting 'normal values' without $ that is in local currency.

Do you think what I formulate is the correct solution? Kindly help in validating.

sunny_talwar

If it gives you what you want, then I don't see why it should be not right. On a separate note, did you try what I gave? Did it not work?