Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Line Chart Limitations Not Working

Hello,

I have a line chart and a straight table with the same dimensions and measure as follows.

Dimensions:

• Effective From Date (Primary Sort)
  • Currency Code

Measure

• (Sum(bidRate) - Above(Total Sum(bidRate))) / Above(Total Sum(bidRate)) (Number format is %)

The issue is that the measure percentage calculates correctly in the straight table, but when I drill down to a specific Currency Code in the line chart, the value is completely wrong even though I am using the exact same measure expression as used in the straight table.  Please see attached screen shots. 

I am using Qlik Sense 2.2. 

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thank you! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Do you know if Qlik Sense allows for Conditional Hide/show of dimension? Reddys310‌ - Do you know? I have to Hide effectiveFromDate when  GetSelectedCount(effectiveFromDate) = 1

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can get this right using the newly introduced Sorting within Aggr() functionality. The sortable Aggr function is finally here!

Might be able to help better if you can provide a sample

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

I attached the qvf.  It's a small app. 

Thank you! 

sunny_talwar

What selections have been made? I am unable to locate the incorrect peak

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Stay on the first sheet, filter on effective from date of 1/05/2016.  You'll see the first peak in the preview.  That will be the 512 Currency Code.  Ignore the second sheet.

Thanks,

sunny_talwar

With Date Selected the chart is working now. What would you want to see when no selection has been made?

Capture.PNG

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Sunny!

When no filters are selected, I need to see the attached.  The aggregated fluctuation per day.  Then as I select specific days, the line chart should drill down to all of the Currency Codes for that selected day.  Then if the day filter is removed, the remaining Currency Code filter should show the fluctuations across all of the days.  

sunny_talwar

Do you know if Qlik Sense allows for Conditional Hide/show of dimension? Reddys310‌ - Do you know? I have to Hide effectiveFromDate when  GetSelectedCount(effectiveFromDate) = 1

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Currently, Qlik Sense does not allow Conditional Hide/Show of dimensions. I used what you sent back and altered the charts.  I made a line chart with just the Effective From Date to show the total fluctuation per date and a separate line chart showing each Currency Code's fluctuation for the selected date.  Works well.  

As always, thanks for the help Sunny!!! 

sunny_talwar

Awesome

I wish there was a way to do it, but I am glad you were able to find a work around.

Best,

Sunny