Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimoneMoroni
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Line Charts (in parallel) - Size alignment

Hi everybody!

I'm new in this world and i'm actually trying to create a sheet to make a comparative analysis of two line charts with two different data selections, if it has not been a problem to split these two selections through the creation of a data island, i'm facing several problems on the visual side.
As you can see from the pictures attached to this topic even if the two charts are made with the same structure (same settings) and covering the same space in the sheet, i see a big difference of size among the two charts. 

Seems there is not possibility to configure the chart space apart from the external boarder that as I've seen is not determining the final chart size.

Do you know what factor affects most the chart size? Do you have any solution for this kind of problems?

Thank you in advance!

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Diter
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Simone,

I am not sure if I understood well your problem, but this difference between charts can some times happen due to labels and title selection in the x-axis at the edit options.

I mean one chart can be selected to display labels only while the other chart has activated the labels and title option.

hope this can help.

Regards,

SimoneMoroni
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Unfortunately the two charts are configured exactly in the same way, the only difference is that the first one is working with the facts table and the second one is working with a data island with a "copy" of the same fields necessary to build the chart, in order to create a sort of comparative sheet with independents selections.