cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustinPrabhakar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Line breaks disappear in Vizlib tabl

I have data with line breaks and I would like to show it the way it is, but the vizlib table removes the line breaks automatically and I dont have option/control to stop it. I tried with Qlik native table, it shows the data with line breaks as expected but it has limitation in formatting, i.e row height (it has option to select fixed height, there is no option to have Auto height according to the content. The rows I am trying to display has 2 or 3 lines for some records and more than 15 lines for some other records, hence its looking weird with fixed row height.

Any suggestions to overcome this basic formatting issue in Qlik?

I tried with adding a delimiter(~) on the source data wherever the line breaks required, and break the lines with that delimiter with the expression Replace(FieldName, '~', Chr(10)) in the table, but no luck. I see this is breaking the lines when I hover over the data but not on the actual view of the table.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

Replace the line breaks with HTML tags and format the column as HTML. If memory serves, that's the workaround we ended up using.