Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valnar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Making calculations based on data from n previous years in a table where each row identifies a year

I am building a table where I have four columns: Year; allocated resources; total grants; ratio of grants to resources. It is like this:

Immagine 2023-07-07 145211.png

Now, i need to add a fifth column, which will be a benchmark where I must calculate the average value of the grants to resources ratio for the three previous years. Is this possible? And if so, how can I accomplish this?

I am trying to do that using set analysis, but currently I can't even figure out how to get the value from just the previous year. If I try something like 

{$<Year={">=$(Year-1) <=$(Year-1)"}>}

I only get in each row data from that same year. If I try to apply the MAX function to the year field, I obviusly only get data for the Year thus selected. If I just check for equality, instead of checking for both greater than and smaller than, I get 0.

I am completely stuck and can't figure out how to solve this problem.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valnar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

1 Reply
Valnar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I managed to solve my problem applying the AsOf solution from this article: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Member-Articles/Calculating-rolling-n-period-totals-averages-or-other/...