Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicanova
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mapping Load Issue

I'm having trouble with a mapping load in an application. I have a Workflow table with a Job ID and Proposed Start Date, and I want to get the Proposed Start Date to another table that has Job ID and Requisition ID, and then move it again to another table that just has Requisition ID so at the end of the day I have a table with both Requisition ID and Proposed Start Date. Steps so far:

- Load Workflow Table

includes: 

[baseprofile_id] AS [%Job ID-id],

proposedstartdate,

- Create mapping table:

Map_Req_Start_Date:
Load
[%Job ID-id],
date(max(Date(Date#([proposedstartdate], 'YYYY-MM-DD')))) as [Req Start Date Temp]
Resident Workflows
Group by [%Job ID-id];

- Load Table 2: This is where things go sideways. 

[id] AS [%Job ID-id],

ApplyMap('Map_Req_Start_Date', [id]) as [Req Start Date Temp2]

**ETA: removed null as match failed criteria. to reflect screenshot below

If I load the mapping table as a regular table, job id's are associated with the correct job start date within the table:

nicanova_0-1704405263753.png

as soon as i add the word mapping in front of 'Load', I get this result from the jobs table:

nicanova_1-1704405308106.png

thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

you just need to reformat the date! remember all dates are numbers

DATE(ApplyMap('Map_Req_Start_Date', [id],null()),'YYYY-MM-DD') as [Req Start Date Temp2]

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
nicanova
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi - This had no impact on the result of the mapping load. I believe the issue may somehow be tied to the format of the expression or format of the Job ID because when loaded as a table, it works perfectly as a key field, but when mapped it's not getting matched with its equivalent.

I've made one small correction above, when I took the screenshot, I didn't have a match failed criteria so it's returning the job id (%Job ID-id) as the start date, 4977 doesn't refer to a date (and it'd be in 1913 if it did).

thanks!

marcus_sommer

I think your issue is the id which is numeric within the first load and an origin string within the second load. Therefore try it with:

ApplyMap('Map_Req_Start_Date', [id] * 1, 'no match for id: ' id) as [Req Start Date Temp2]

Instead of forcing a conversion to numeric per multiplication you may also apply num#().